Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Post.....Finally


Here are a few things I have done so far and what is upcoming. Already I have established contacts in my school, got my passport, filled out my pre-application, had a bake sale (I raised $141), set up a meeting for a possible scholarship, researched the costs of plane tickets to the gateway portal (a fancy name for where I leave to Japan from), currently researching visas, set up an email tree for donations, created this blog, found a tutor to help me study the language, made sure I am in contact with AFS through email and looking into other scholarship resources.


Whew.


I hope that anyone who reads this who has done AFS before or who has any suggestions on things will post on here or email me directly. I could use all the information I can get. For example, how do I go about getting a visa? Do I need one? If I do, what kind do I need? Obviously, I am learning a lot through this process.


This is my first post and there will be more to come. I hope I can keep everyone interested.


Please comment. Comments keep me motivated!

2 comments:

  1. This is starting to look good Will. Keep posting and have fun teaking your blog. Good luck today on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work Will, waiting for next post.

    ReplyDelete