Monday, August 31, 2009

Language Lesson Update and Cost Break Down

Tadaima, I'm home (or at least back to the blog),


I have to apologize again it seems. I am sorry that I am late again. Work has been miserable lately (no lobsters to catch) so when I get home the only ambition I have is to make dinner and go to sleep. I am also going to apologize in advance for more later posts. School starts on the 3rd so that will only leave me drained as well.

Lesson Updates are what I will cover first.

I have had two lessons since the last post. The first one was just to check up one what I was assigned in the previous lesson. It also was to start me on basic sentence structure. I am able to make basic sentences now (though they are a little choppy and I don't know to many words). The two basic structures are set up like this:

#1 Topic Time Place Object Verb

#2 Topic Frequency Time Goal Verb

So the sentence "I read books in the library" follows structure #1. Translated it becomes:

Watashi wa toshokan ni hon wo yomi masu

The sentence "I speak Japanese everyday at college" (which I do not) follows structure #2. When translated it becomes:

Mainichi gakou ni nihongo wo hanashi masu

Does everyone understand what I am trying to say? (I am having problems seeing comments for some reason. If you want to comment on the blog that is ok I can read them but it takes longer to find them. You can also email me at: fuzzemdemon@yahoo.com. )

Ok on to the next thing, the cost break down.

I was asked in one of my comments to put up a cost break down

AFS Trip: $10,500

Final Application Form: $900

Flight from New York or Boston (depends on where AFS needs me to leave from): Unknown

AFS recommended spending money per month: $100-$300

In all I will need roughly $15,000 to make this trip a reality (though the $10,500 is the top priority). I have received $3,000 provided that I can get the rest of the money needed for the trip. I have also made $141 in a bake sale on the second of August. So if I take the $3,141 that I know I have (well only $141 that I know I have but it can't hurt to think that I have the $3,000) and subtract it from the $10,500 for the trip, it comes out to be $7,359 that I need to get. If I go higher and subtract it from the $15,000 for everything I need, I will then only need to get $11,859 (which is a scarier number in my opinion).

I know I said that I would end every post with a word or phrase of the day but I think that the sentence structure piece should be enough (but if you really want more you can always email me).

I had to remove the video for this post because Youtube removed it from their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment