Friday, October 23, 2009

Bad News and Good News

Hello everyone,

I have some Bad News and Good News. I think that it is best to get the bad news over with and then I will go into the good news.

Bad News:
I will most likely not be able to go on the year long trip. I was unable to finish some of the forms that needed to be completed and the deadline is this coming Tuesday. I also was not able to get an interview scheduled, however I was able to get in contact with my local representative.

Good News:
I might be able to try for a different program through AFS. I won't be as long but I would still get to go. Also, because I would be going on a shorter trip, it would cost less (cheap is good right?). On a semi-related note (I probably should not say this), our laptop is fixed. That means that I can post some comments or little lessons in Japanese characters, the ひらがな (Hiragana) and the カタカナ(Katakana). I will also be posting the music as well.

Here is the lesson that I will be giving today.

I will be going over the grammer points of this (something that is within your reach), that ( something that is near to you), and that (like a building down the street from you).

Here is a scenario for "this":

"this" is これ (kore)
(dish in front of you) Is this meat? これはにくですか?(kore wa niku desu ka?)

Now for "that" (something that is by you):

"that" is それ (sore)
(Shoes near your friend) Are those your shoes? それはあなたはくつですか? (sore wa anata wa kutsu desu ka)

Now for a different "that":

This "that" is あれ (are pronounced as ah-ray)
(pointing at a far off building) That is a library. あれはとしょかんです。 (are wa toshokan desu)

How was that for a lesson?

Now for the music that I will be putting up:





This song is from an Anime that I really enjoy called Le Portrait de Petit Cossette. It is the ending song. The singer is まりないのうえ (Marina Inoue) and the song is called ほせき (Hoseki or Jewel). I am currently having problems with my iTunes right now so I am unsure if she is there or not.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you only go a short time it would still be a great experience. Tell me what you need.

    ReplyDelete